CARING FOR YOUR PRIX.TI PIECES
Each PRIX.TI piece is gold plated and lacquered to give it a lasting finish and shine. We, at PRIX.TI, believe in slow fashion and that these pieces are timeless treasures, to be cared for and worn again and again. However, as with all jewelry, the plating can wear out due to weather conditions and coming in contact with chemicals from perfume, make up and water. A few pointers to help you care for your pieces:
- Store your jewelry in a dry place away from humidity, moisture and extreme temperatures - preferably in the given pouch or any soft case to prevent scratching, chipping and entanglement.
- Remove your rings and other jewelry when washing your hands or showering. Water and chemicals in the water/soap can lead to tarnish and erosion of plating.
- We all know how important it is to take off our make-up and wash up before sleeping – similarly, added care of wiping the jewelry with a soft cloth or cotton ball after wearing them, can extend the life of your pieces by removing dirt and restoring shine.
- Make sure your jewelry is not in regular contact with hard surfaces, which will scratch or wear down the plating or enamelling.
- Never use detergent, soap, toothpaste etc to clean your gold plated jewelry.
- Shop them first, wear them last – after you are done with your hair products, make up, cosmetics and perfumes, wear your jewelry in the end to avoid the harmful effects of the chemicals in these products.
- Gemstone jewelry require special care as the natural colours of some of the stones tend to fade with time and with extended hours of direct sun exposure. Try to avoid this as much as possible.
- If you wear your gold-plated jewellery for significant periods of time, the plating will eventually wear down. To restore its appearance, you can have it re-plated with us. Contact us to know more about this service.